Cashew Mac & CheeseApril 16, 2017
Eggplant PizzaApril 23, 2017
I was doing my regular perusing through my favorite app., Pinterest, and found this recipe for the very popular, avocado brownies. I love avocados and of course dark chocolate so this was the perfect recipe to add to my list! Here is the recipe:
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of flour
- Chocolate baking powder
- Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Berries for topping (I chose strawberries)
*There are many health benefits that come from avocados and many reasons to make it a staple in your diet.
- One avocado contains 15 grams of healthy fats and contain absolutely no sodium, which is important for people who are sodium sensitive like me.
- They contain more potassium than a banana.
- Eating avocados can help to lower cholesterol-lower LDL (”bad cholesterol”) by 22% and increase HDL (”good cholesterol”) by 11%.
- First, I cut open the avocados, removed the pit, and tossed them into my food processor.
- I melted the dark chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds. I stirred it up and scooped it in my food processor as well.
- Then, I dumped the rest of the ingredients into the food processor (flour, eggs, baking powder, coconut sugar, chocolate baking powder & salt).
- I pulsed until it created a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Then, I scooped the mixture into a baking pan and baked at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Next step is to enjoy the ooeey gooey chocolaty goodness! Avocados are bomb and can be used in so many ways!! Try them yourself and let me know how ya like em!