Apple Cider Vinegar Turmeric MaskMay 21, 2017
Mind & Body CleanseJune 18, 2017
Being creatively healthy is all about finding recipes and making them your own; new recipes with a twist! I decided to make my own version of peppermint bark, a healthy version. It was super easy to make and was worth the prep time (in the freezer, that is!). So without further ado, here is the recipe:
- Berries (I used blackberries and blueberries)
- Maple syrup
- Greek yogurt (I used honey flavor)
- First, I mixed the greek yogurt with the maple syrup to give it more sweetness.
- Then, I placed about a cup of the greek yogurt mixture on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, layering it thin.
- Then, I sprinkled the berries and granola on top of the yogurt.
- I then covered the bark and placed the sheet into the freezer for a couple of hours (I noticed I may have spread the yogurt mixture too thick because the middle did not freeze all the way). Make sure to layer it thinly on the sheet. You can even place another piece of parchment paper over the top and press down until it’s smooth and flat.
- After taking it out of the freezer, you can cut it into squares (I used a pizza cutter) and voila, you have a quick, healthy breakfast bar for on the go! It tasted great and was a creative alternative to the “popular”, peppermint bark!