Banana Oat Energy BitesApril 10, 2017
Avocado BrowniesApril 23, 2017
I first saw this recipe while watching a clip of the show “The Doctors” on Youtube (I don’t have cable so I watch the clips they post on Youtube). They said this is a healthier alternative to an all time favorite recipe, mac & cheese. I love anything with cheese on it so I decided to give this a try and see if it lived up to the hype! Here is the recipe:
- Pasta (I used whole wheat)
- Cashews (I soaked them overnight)
- Almond Milk
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Red Onion
- Himalayan Sea Salt/Pepper (other seasonings)
*Pink Himalayan Sea Salt is a great alternative to use in place of regular table salt. It has many benefiting properties, such as:
- Increases hydration
- Helps to balance PH levels in the body (acidity/alkaline)
- Lowers blood pressure
- Prevents muscle cramping
Personally, I’ve been using Pink Himalayan sea salt whilst cooking for years and also recently started diluting it in my drinking water to create a cheaper version of alkaline water (It’s expensive to buy in stores).
- First, I soaked about a half cup of cashews overnight.
- The next day, I cooked 2 cups of the pasta in boiling water and placed it in a pan to bake later.
- I then, started making the cheese . First, I placed all of the ingredients (soaked cashews, almond milk, shredded cheese, cauliflower, garlic, onion, seasonings) in my food processor and pulsed until it became a cottage cheese texture (I know it doesn’t look appetizing but I promise, it will look better once it’s baked and out of the oven lol)
- Then, I placed the cheese mixture on on top of the pasta in the pan (sprinkle a little bit of shredded cheese on top) and baked on 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Last but not least, Enjoy your mac & cheese with no guilt involved!!