Avocado Chocolate MousseApril 4, 2017
Vegan Lentil LoafApril 4, 2017
-Here is another protein,cereal bar recipe I decided to whip up because I got tired of eating my regular Quest bars everyday (which were on sale at GNC)! I also had a box of plain cheerios laying around so I decided they would be the main ingredient in today’s bars! Here is the recipe:
- Plain cheerios
- Protein Powder (I used 1 ½ scoops=35g protein)
- Ground Flax seed
- Almond Butter
- Dark chocolate morsels
- Sliced almonds
- Chia seeds
- First, I ground up the cheerios in my food processor and mixed all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl (ground up cheerios, ground flax seed, protein powder, sliced almonds, chia seeds and cranberries). I went ahead and soaked the dates to get them softer.
- Then, I added the wet ingredients in a bowl (honey and almond butter), places in microwave for about 30 seconds and mixed together with the dry ingredients (I used my hands to mix, you can use a utensil, it’s up to you and your preference!)
- I then placed the dates in the food processor and ground them up to a smaller consistency and added them to the mix as well.
- Lastly, I added the chocolate chips because I did not want them to melt with the warm wet ingredients I already put in there.
- I then placed wax paper over a pan, sprayed olive oil spray to prevent sticking, and added the mixture to the bottom of the pan, patting it down as best I could.
- Next, place them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes and then you can store some and enjoy the rest! I usually eat them for breakfast throughout the work week. they came out delicious!